Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to visit Keats House in Hampstead. I did not know much about Keats, nor had I ever had opportunity to bind his book before. However, ever since I happened to pass by Keats House a few years ago, I had always wanted to see the inside of the house. Just as I thought, the house is well preserved and each room presentation were nice. The family of Keats fiancé lived on the other side of the house, and her room was also open to the public. Perhaps, the garden is likely beautifully maintained under normal circumstances. However, due to a prolonged lack of rain and current watering restrictions, the garden was completely dried out. This visit was a good opportunity to learn – albeit a little - about Keats who died young.
If you would like to know more about the Keats House, please visit the website as below.
https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/attractions-museums-entertainment/keats-house
今月の初めにハムステッドにあるキーツ・ハウスに行く機会がありました。キーツのことはあまりよく知らず、彼の本を製本する機会もありませんでした。しかし数年前にキーツ・ハウスの前を通ったことがあり、それ以来一度家の中を見てみたいと思っていました。思っていたとおり、家の中の保存状態は良く、各部屋の展示も素敵でした。キーツの婚約者の家族はその家(2棟を構成する建物)の1棟に住んでいたので、婚約者の部屋も公開されていました。多分、通常であれば庭も綺麗に手入れされているのだと思います。けれども、長引く飴不足と現在の散水制限により、庭は完全に干上がっていました。今回の訪問は夭折したキーツについて、ほんの少しではありますが知ることのできた良い機会となりました。
キーツ・ハウスの詳細に関しては上記サイトをご参照ください。
Utility room nest to the Kitchen


